American Management Association Seminars
Select date/location & complete form below. Then, click on 'Send'
AMA'S COURSE ON FINANCIAL FORECASTING FOR DYNAMIC BUSINESS RESULTS
Seminar No: 01268 -XNBB
CEU Credits: 1.8
Length: 3 days
In today's highly volatile environment, estimating future costs and revenues is critical for justifying investment decisions!
Gain state-of-the-art forecasting tools and modeling techniques that will help you analyze financial data...predict revenues and costs...assess the risk inherent in your forecasts...effectively report the forecasting results to management...and improve corporate decision making.
CFOs, vice presidents of finance, financial managers and analysts, controllers and treasurers, directors of planning and corporate and business development, business unit managers, operations analysts, budget managers and analysts.
How You Will Benefit:
- Make more meaningful and complete assumptions
- Build more realistic forecasting models
- Understand the risks inherent in your business
- Use the appropriate measures in selecting your forecasting models
What You Will Cover:
- Creating a framework for financial forecasting
- Identifying data patterns and applying time series modeling techniques
- Modeling and forecasting your key business drivers
- Simulating a complete financial forecast: Drilling down to the bottom line
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Weighing approaches to interest rate risk modeling
- Communicating the forecast to management Data visualization techniques
Extended/Detailed Seminar Outline
Objectives of Financial Forecasting
- Make More Meaningful and Complete Assumptions
- Build More Realistic Forecasting Models
- Understand the Risks Inherent in Your Business
- Use the Appropriate Measures in Selecting Your Forecasting Models
Framework for Financial Forecasting
- Understand the Critical Role of the Finance Function in Developing Forecasting Models
- Understand Which Situations in Business Require Financial Forecasts
Getting Started: The Role of Assumptions in Making Financial Forecasts
- Determine the Need to Migrate to a More Formal Approach to Financial Forecasting
- Understand the Major Approaches to Preparing Financial Forecasts
- Understand and Apply the Criteria for Assessing Various Forecasting Models
- Implement a Process for Selecting Appropriate Forecast Models
Indentifying Data Patterns: Exploring Data Analysis in Financial Forecasting
- Understand the Role of Assumptions in Making Financial Forecasts
- Understand the Process of Deriving Assumptions
- Understand and Apply the Process of Moving from Beliefs to Formal Forecasting Model Assumptions
Applying Time Series Modeling Techniques to Your Data
- Differntiate between Time-series Data and Cross-sectional Data for Purposes of Data Analyses
- Break Time-series Data into Seasonal and Trend Components
- Use Appropriate Tools to Measure Basic Patterns in Your Data
- Recognize the Data Requirements Inherent in the Analysis Tools
- Choose from Alternative Methods to Handle Data "Outliers"
Modeling and Forecasting Your Key Business Drivers
- Develop Time Series Models
- Perform Time Series Analysis on your Business Data
- Use the Moving Average Method to Track Business Performance
- Use Smoothing Methods to Track Business History
- Combine Trend and Seasonality Components in Your Forecasts
- Determine Which Time Series Models to Select to Forecast Your Business Situation
Simulation of a Complete Financial Forecast: Dealing with Uncertainty
- Identify Those Business Situations That Might Be Candidates for a Regression Analysis
- Use Regression Models for Either Prediction or Estimation of the Relationships among Several Key Variables and a Target Variable
- Evaluate the Quality of a Regression Model
- Indentify the Pitfalls of Misusing Regression Models
- Take Regression Models to the "What If" Stage of Exploring Different Scenarios
- Understand the Key Elements of Formulating a Multiple Regression Model
- Build a Multiple Regression Model
- Validate a Multiple Regression Model
- Explain to Management the Results and Meaningfulness of a Multiple Regression Model
Issues in Interest Rate Risk Models
- Understand When to Use a Simulation-based Approach to Develop Your Financial Forecast
- Perform a Risk Analysis-based Forecast
- Understand How to Communicate to Management a Risk Analysis-based Forecast
- Transform a Spreadsheet Forecast into a Risk Analysis-based Forecast
- Integrate Assumptions and Risk Estimates in Financial Forecasts
- Decide on Whether a Risk Analysis Forecast Is a More Valuable Approach Than Other Methods
Communicating the Forecast to Top Management: Data Visualization
- Understand the Need of Business to Analyze Interest Rate Risk
- Understand the Various Modeling Approaches to Analyze Interest Rate Risk
- Understand the Forecasting Techniques Used to Measure Interest Rate Risk Exposures
- Understand the Output of the Models That Quantify the Interest Rate Risk for an Organization
- Recognize the Applications of Interest Rate-sensitive Models
New Directions in Financial Forecasting
- Understand the Proper Role of Internal and External Data in Forecasts
- Understand the Power and Potential of Data Visualization Techniques in the Analysis of Business Data
- Understand the Difference between Push versus Pull Technology in Providing Data for Financial Forecasts
- Understand the Sources of Data Visualization Tools
- Present and Report Financial Forecasts to Management in Terms That They Can Understand
- Understand the Issues Involving Large Amounts of Unstructured Data
- Understand the Emerging Technology of Chaos Theory in Forecasting
- Assess the Role of Business Intelligence Tools in Preparing Financial Forecasts
- Assess the Potential of Neural Networks in Preparing Financial Forecasts
Start and End times: first day - 8:30am-5pm, all other days 9am-5pm unless otherwise specified. Your registration confirmation notice will confirm the hotel/conference center for the seminar for which you registered. The information included on this page is all the information available on this seminar. Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Online Registration & Fee Information ** Please use form below to register only. To request information that is not included above please send an email to
. Remember to specify the complete seminar number about which you are requesting information.
After submitting your online registration you will receive registration confirmation and invoice within 7-10 business days. You may pay by credit card or check. Confirmation information will also include location and other pertinent course information.
Always state priority code XNBB to your customer service representative when registering directly by phone.
Note: Prices are subject to change without notice. To confirm the price of your session, select the session above and click “Send”. Discounts apply for groups of three or more people. Call for details. Federal government employees are eligible for special GSA pricing for many seminars.
AMA's main conference centers
Seminars scheduled for the cities below are held at the locations listed below. For location information for other cities in which AMA seminars are held please call or email for information.
AMA executive Conference Center
1601 Broadway New York, NY 10019
American Management Association (Located in the same building as the Crowne Plaza Hotel) 1601 Broadway On Broadway and 48th Street near Times Square. Entrance is on 48th Street.
AMA executive Conference Center (adjacent to the Marroitt O'Hare)
8655 west higgins rd
Chicago, IL 60631
AMA executive Conference Center is located in San Francisco Marriott Hotel
55 Fourth Street 2nd Level
San Francisco, CA 94103
AMA Executive Conference Center
Address: 1170 Peachtree Street Ne Cnr Peachtree & 14th (3rd Flr)
City, State, Zip: Atlanta, GA 30309
2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 200
Arlington, VA 22202
If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a seminar you can contact AMA in advance to transfer to a future session, or you can send someone to take your place. If you need to cancel your attendance, AMA will give you a complete refund if you cancel more than three weeks before your seminar begins. To cancel, simply email us at
. If you cancel with less than three weeks’ advance notice, you will be liable for the entire seminar fee. Once your payment has been received, you may request a courtesy transfer to use at any future AMA seminar of equal or lesser length. The courtesy transfer must be used within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar session for which you are confirmed and do not contact AMA to cancel in advance, you will be charged the entire seminar fee.
AMA grants courtesy transfers to people who cannot attend their scheduled sessions. You can use a courtesy transfer for any seminar of equal or lesser length than the original seminar. You must use your courtesy transfer within one year of the date of your originally scheduled seminar.
AMA guarantees the quality of our seminars. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.