National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How to Be a Highly Successful Team Leader
A comprehensive two-day workshop that delivers the high-impact tools and essential insights you need to become a truly exceptional team leader.
This intensive two-day workshop helps you explore the many dimensions of effective leadership and develop the critical skills you need to lead your team to peak performance. It focuses on the nuts-and-bolts "how-to's" of leading and getting people to eagerly follow you to levels of productivity and achievement they never dreamed possible.
Filled with exercises, role plays and "what if" scenarios, this practical, hands-on program challenges you to create innovative solutions to the real-world problems you face every day. It offers you the rare opportunity to step back, reflect on where you and your team are at present, and make solid plans for getting where you want to be tomorrow. Prepare to work hard, think hard and return to your team an infinitely better leader!
- Capitalize on the strengths of your unique leadership
- Make team meetings more time-efficient, productive
- Turn your visions into concrete action plans directed
at achieving specific goals
- Develop communication skills that help you "connect"
with team members
- Maintain personal and professional balance so you
remain a leader while still being part of the team
- Develop proactive followers who are empowered to work
for the long-term success of your team and your organization
- Understand what characteristics separate the leadership
"greats" from leadership "flops"
- Reflect on your personal strengths and weaknesses
and understand where your energies must be focused for maximum effectiveness
- Understand how to overcome the hidden agendas, self-protecting
egos and internal politics that can undermine your authority and sabotage
- Learn how to deal with problem team members and recognize
when you're better off cutting some people from the team
- Master highly effective techniques for gaining full
buy-in to team objectives and goals
- Discover innovative ways to get your team to think
outside the box
- Identify and overcome your biggest obstacles to making
giant leaps in team performance
- Understand the important role you play in resolving
conflicts within your team
- Ignite enthusiasm and create an environment where
everyone feels challenged to excel
- Understand the drivers of good and unwanted team behavior,
and why you'll often find personality style differences at the root
of your messiest problems
- Learn how to introduce important changes more smoothly
and with greater success than ever before!
- Recognize the keys to moving beyond mere supervision
to true leadership
- Make an appraisal of where you and your team are now,
and make solid plans for getting where you want to be tomorrow
- Unleash your strengths as a motivating leader who
infuses energy, excitement and a positive spirit into your team
- New team leaders who want to get an edge up by learning
important skills that translate into real results
- Established team leaders who want solid direction
and creative ideas for addressing and overcoming specific team challenges
- Any team leader who hasn't participated in leadership
training in more than a year because highly successful leaders know
ongoing skill development is critical to on-going leadership success.
Fundamentals: Steps to Strengthening Your Leadership Skills
- How your leadership style can work "for" or "against"
- The 10 ingredients that MUST be present in successful
- Developing your credibility and earning respect
- The critical differences between managers and leaders
- The Leadership Style Analysis Survey - how do your
skills measure up?
- People, projects and proficiency: managing the "3
Ps" of successful leaders
and Traits of Highly Successful Leaders
- What traits set highly successful leaders apart from
- Understanding the critical role you play in driving
your team's success
- Setting standards and goals and measuring progress
- Profile a strong leader: lessons from the masters
Creating Your Vision and Planning the Path to Your Goals
- Where do you want to be tomorrow? Identifying what's
- How are you going to get there? The important stops
you need to make on your way to your goals
- Answering the key questions: Does your team know WHO
it is and WHY it exists?
- Establishing team-wide buy-in to goals
- What are the keys to results? Focusing your efforts
on that which makes the greatest impact
- Setting priorities and keeping your team members on
the Individual -- Strengthening the Team
- How to develop talented followers who are empowered
to work for
- How to ignite enthusiasm for accomplishing goals
- Ways to build relationships that enhance cooperation
- Keys to making every team member feel important
- Nurturing the strengths and celebrating the uniqueness
of team members
- Qualities that team members have in common - and differences
that may set them apart
- How to keep your team motivated - even if you don't
have an extra nickel to spend
- Why your "people" skills will be the No. 1 driver
of your success as a leader
Team Communication Skills
- Communication skills that help you "connect" with your team
- The critical differences between productive and destructive feedback
- Your role in making sure team communication lines are open
- Creating an environment where everyone feels free to express themselves
- How to encourage good ideas ... and get more of them
- Tips for encouraging creativity from team members
Management Skills for Leaders
- What you should do when team members aren't getting along
- Steps you should take when individual goals conflict with team goals
- When it's best to confront a problem, and when it's best to let it
- The how-to's of professional, productive confrontation
- Why team growth often arises from team conflict
- Identifying the underlying reasons and circumstances behind a conflict
in Making Change Happen
Strategies for Team Leaders
why people oftentimes instinctively resist change
- Getting team
members out of their comfort zone
- Top reasons why
change in organizations often fails
- Covering your
bases: what considerations should you make before introducing a change
- Coping with the
stress and frustrations that often accompany significant changes
- What you must
do as a leader when team members won't embrace critical changes
- How to project
the confidence that inspires your team during change and adversity
- Fine-tuning your
skills - why continuous learning is critical to ongoing success
- Where do you
want to be in a year? in five years? Establishing a plan
- Why some leaders
rise to the top while others flounder
- What's most important
to you? Incorporating core values and beliefs into your career
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".