Gain Fresh Ideas and New Solutions in Two Highly Interactive, Incredibly Powerful Days of Learning
No one ever said supervising others was easy.
If you sometimes feel overwhelmed, over-stressed and frustrated by the extraordinary responsibilities that go hand in hand with being an effective supervisor — don’t worry … you’re not alone! Most supervisors – both new to the position and seasoned supervisors – struggle with the same problems you do. And with today’s changing work environment, your supervisor responsibilities aren’t going to get any easier.
The Ultimate Supervisor’s Workshop is an intensive two-day workshop where leaders come for fresh ideas and proven strategies for succeeding in their tough role. This workshop will help you break free from the road blocks and develop truly creative solutions.
Become a more effective leader ready to handle every situation – and with a lot less stress!
Supervising others is a constant juggling act of managing time, people, and resources. If you’re like a lot supervisors, you were promoted without a lot of training and have learned mostly by trial and error. With a lot of pressure and added stress! This workshop will give you the skills you need to take charge of your time, manage resources more efficiently, and effectively lead your people to extraordinary results!
Gain innovative, fresh ideas to solve the challenges and problems you face every day.
If your creative pool has become stagnant … if you shoot down ideas before they’ve even developed … if you’re stuck in the “we’ve always done it this way” mentality – chances are, you’re ingenuity is at a stand-still! Attend this workshop and you’ll gain new ideas ... fresh approaches for dealing with today’s challenges ... new solutions for handling your toughest problems.
Learn proven methods that work for supervisors in top organizations
Why spend time reinventing the wheel, when you can learn what’s working in other organizations? This workshop covers up-to-the-minute information, “best practices” from today’s most successful corporations, hot management issues and the “nuts-and-bolts” knowledge you need to excel as a supervisor.
This workshop will give you dozens of new ideas for:
- Creating more time for yourself
- Organizing your department to boost efficiency
- Helping your people prioritize their work
- Turning around problem employees
- Motivating your people to perform at their absolute peak
- Becoming a more confident, credible leader
- Recruiting, hiring and keeping star performers
- Developing new and innovative ideas to solve your same old problems
Don’t miss this exciting chance to take your supervisory skills to a whole new level of effectiveness.
The truth is, you owe it to yourself, your people and your organization to attend this workshop. Space is limited to optimize one-on-one interaction – so make plans to attend right now. Don’t let an opportunity like this one get away!
What You'll Learn:
Ten BIG Reasons
to Attend This Workshop
- You’ll enjoy a unique opportunity to spend two full days addressing the supervisory issues and challenges that concern you most.
- You’ll learn to counsel, coach and inspire your people to excel, without driving them too hard or too fast.
- You’ll bring greater peace and harmony to your department, and create an all-for-one mentality among your people.
- You’ll stop procrastinating when it’s time to confront or discipline difficult employees.
- You’ll get more accomplished each workday – and spend less time catching up at night and on weekends.
- You’ll become a strong, supportive role model for your people.
- You’ll guide your employees successfully through workplace turmoil, chaos and change.
- You’ll command more respect and gain more recognition for your efforts on the job.
- You’ll learn to build — and keep — a staff of enthusiastic, competent go-getters.
- You’ll discover extraordinary results when you begin to think and act more like a leader, less like a supervisor.
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, directors — all types of people who supervise others — will be participating in this workshop.
From innovative problem-solving approaches to powerful new solutions for a variety of supervisory challenges, this workshop is packed with the knowledge you need to perform your job better, no matter how much (or how little) supervisory experience you have.
The Changing Role
of the Supervisor
- The most common mistakes supervisors (both newcomers and veterans) make and how to avoid them
- How to spend more time “leading” and less time “bossing” your people
- From GenY-ers to Sixty-Somethings — employees aren’t like they used
- Tips for supervising telecommuters, flex-time, part-time and shared-time employees
- How to put the power of diversity to work — and build a cohesive, collaborative team by celebrating individuality
- The future of technology: What does it mean to you as a supervisor today?
Breaking Through Boundaries — Creative Thinking for Supervisors
- How to solve typical problems through atypical thinking
- Brainstorming techniques for flushing fresh, original ideas out into the open
- How to kick-start creativity in your team and yourself — and break free from the “tried and true”
- How to stop thinking “we’ve always done it that way” and start thinking “we can do it differently and better”
- How to foster a work climate where creativity can thrive
- Use time-honored principles to help you handle problems
Communication Essentials for Supervisors
- How to say “no” without arousing offense in others, or guilt in yourself
- Techniques to make sure your people “hear you right the first time” when you give them direction
- How to add more power, energy and effectiveness to your spoken words
- How good a listener are you? Find out here
- Tips to boost the impact of your e-mail and written communication
- How to offer the right feedback at the right time
Learning to Lead So That Others Will Follow
- Learn ways to offer your people direction without giving them answers
- How to identify and develop the
core competencies all effective leaders share
- What kind of a leader are you right now? Learn to assess your leadership skills, play up your strengths and minimize your weaknesses
- Delegation: Your secret weapon for boosting personal productivity
- Ways to get your people to support your ideas, follow you and believe
- How to develop your skills as a “big- picture thinker”
- Using positive assertiveness to negotiate, influence and build win- win relationships with others
- Are you “everybody’s best friend”? How to maintain the right amount of distance between your employees
Giving Your People Motivation, Guidance
- The #1 employee motivator
(hint: it’s NOT money!)
- What your people really want from you (and how to give it to them)
- Are you unknowingly giving your best workers negative reinforcement? Here’s how to tell
- You CAN get your people to work harder, faster, more efficiently. Here’s how!
- How personality affects performance: Keys to understanding why people act and react the way they do
- The most effective ways to offer constructive criticism — even to your most sensitive people
- Performance appraisals: New ways to evaluate your people with minimum stress, maximum results
How to Handle Difficult People and Situations
- Proven ways to successfully address problem employee behavior
- Discover what you can — and can’t — change about the difficult employees you manage
- How to deal head-on with insubordinates, rule-breakers and other confrontational personalities
- What to do with the easygoing employees who just don’t get
- How to handle delicate employee situations like suspected drug use, alcohol or other personal problems
- Why the “old ways” of managing others don’t work anymore, and what to do instead
- How to modify negative behaviors and brighten bad attitudes
Building a Positive, Skilled and Enthusiastic Staff
- The top reasons good employees leave, and what you can do to get them to stay
- Interviewing techniques for weeding out poor performers, as well as those who won’t mesh with your team
- Recruiting tips for finding the best employees, and convincing them to work for you
- How to help your employees avoid the “grass is greener” syndrome and prevent them from jumping ship
- How to determine when it’s best to let someone move on, and when you should fight tooth and nail to keep them on board
- Tactful, sympathetic, yet effective strategies for letting people go when you’ve both done all you could to “make it work”
How to Make Change Work
- How to help your people understand the “whys” behind change
- Learn specific techniques for getting reluctant or resistant employees to accept change
- Help your people uncover the hidden opportunities change often brings
- Reasons why organizational changes don’t work — and how to make sure YOUR change initiatives are successful
- How to look at change from your peoples’ point of view, and understand more of what they’re going through
- Ways to empower your people so they react to change proactively, instead of behaving like victims
- How to use your communication skills to portray change initiatives in a positive light
The Supervisor’s “Tool Box”
- How creating a “process map” can help you eliminate unnecessary steps and repetitive actions
- Learn to eliminate costly supervisory time-wasters from your day
- Work smarter, not harder, using project-, priority- and time- management skills
- Learn to take advantage of Internet management tools and Web sites
- Discover what new technological innovations and trends are just around the corner
Mapping Out Your Career
- Learn ways to become more visible, respected and recognized for the work you do
- How to make sure you’ve chosen a career path that’s right for you in the long run
- How to redirect or reinvent a stagnant career
- Discover cutting-edge tactics and successful manoeuvres savvy managers and supervisors are using right now to drive their careers forward
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".
Cover Page | Padgett Thompson Seminars
The Training Registry