National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Social Media Marketing
The ultimate guide to creating, executing, and measuring a successful social media marketing plan.
Social Media Has Taken the World by Storm. Will You Get Left in the Dust?
You don’t have to go far to know that social media is the buzzword du jour. In fact, it’s being hailed as the one-stop resource for making your marketing dreams come true. Sure — if you can slog through all the “expert articles,” researching blogs and meeting with expensive consultants, or even attending “one-hour training sessions” from a variety of vendors. Who has time for that?
The truth is, you know how powerful and effective social media can be — you don’t need the nightly news or a best-selling book to embrace its potential. You need answers to your questions. You need a little less stress and a lot more ideas. That’s where this workshop comes in.
Get Strategies for Planning, Executing & Measuring Social Media Marketing
If you think about social media and your head swims, you aren’t alone. Coming up with an effective way to incorporate social media into your organization’s success can be overwhelming. This workshop takes you through the ins and outs of social media marketing.
When Customers Can Literally Turn You On and Off — You Can’t Take Chances
In this high-tech marketing era, you have to go where your customers are. This workshop takes the hard work off your hands with cutting-edge ideas and real-world solutions. You’ll learn the right way to get your campaign up and running — without going through expensive, timeconsuming trial and error. Enroll today and get the information you need to put social media to work for you.
Take the Guesswork Out of Social Media Marketing ...
There are hundreds of ways businesses use social media to enhance their business success.
In short, customers search Web pages, user groups, online communities, and blogs for information on the products and services they want and need — YOUR products and services.
- One small-business owner uses Twitter to announce his flavor of the day.
- A food vendor uses Twitter to tell his ‘followers’ where they can find him each day.
- Restaurants, retail shops, and clubs use Facebook to offer specials and discounts to their ‘fans.’
- Sales professionals use LinkedIn to generate new, highly qualified leads.
Organizations large and small, local and global, not-for-profit and for profit are using social media to promote their products ... boost revenue ... generate leads ... enhance customer service ... increase loyalty ... and much more.
When it comes to social media marketing ... the world is your oyster. The question is what can social media marketing do for you? We’ll show you here.
What You'll Learn
Don’t get bogged down in the social media frenzy
This powerhouse marketing platform can supercharge your results quickly and easily — if you know how. That’s why you don’t want to miss this groundbreaking event. It’s chock-full of incredible tips, strategies, and ideas for getting your organization on the fast path of social media marketing success.
- The 5-step process for creating a social media plan
- What social media tools are working best — and which ones leave you wanting more
- How to measure your marketing success (hint — you can’t measure it all)
- Examples of dos and don’ts from top organizations
- Easy tips for going viral and building awareness
- Who you should AND shouldn’t have on your social media marketing team
Social Media Platforms: An Overview
Social Media Strategy 101
- Understanding what social media can AND can’t do for marketing
- Social Media Platforms: A Review of What They Do: (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Social communities, MySpace, LinkedIn, Digg, Ning, Howcast, YouTube, Discussion Boards, & Forums)
Implementing Your Plan
- Research and listen — find out what people are already saying about your organization and learn what they want
- How to define your social media goals — 9 considerations
- Resources for running social media — how to find the right people
- Define your platform — what’s best for your organization
Lessons From the Real World
- Quick tricks for getting your name out there — fast!
- How often you should update your strategy
- How to launch your plan — why starting small is essential
- Checklist Ready — do you have everything you need to launch a Facebook page ... a blog ... and more?
- Tips on going viral and why it’s essential for your success
- How to get your users engaged in your strategy
Measure, Measure, Measure Your Success
- Examples of companies using Facebook with success
- When Twitter will and won’t work
- Blogs that keep customers coming back for more
- See how LinkedIn is making moves in social media marketing
- See how to create a social community from organizations that make it work
- Examples of the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Social media trends — what’s on the horizon
- Step 1: defining what you want from social media and why it’s important
- Understanding what you can AND can’t measure
- Four questions you should ask after you launch a ‘campaign’
- How long you should wait before measuring results
- Four things you should be evaluating
- Measurement tools you can use to evaluate your success (even FREE ones)
- Damage control — how to handle damaging content posted about your organization
- What your ‘rules’ must include when customers post to your blogs, on your site, and more
- Policies and procedures your organization should implement internally
- How you can be held legally liable for content posted on your organization’s social media sites
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Enrollment Fees & Group Discounts
- When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends FREE!
Lunch is on your own.
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".