National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Security Essentials for Front Desk Professionals
A crucial one-day workshop
counts on you to handle anything that comes in the front door. Are you
sure youre prepared?
As a dedicated front desk professional, you juggle many
tough responsibilities. One of the most important is to serve as lookout
for anything that might threaten the safety and security of employees
You are your organizations eyes and ears and its first line of defense
against potentially dangerous situations. And, in this day and age, theres
really no telling how serious a security threat you may find yourself
coming up against. So, you need to be prepared for anything!
As a front desk professional, its imperative that you possess the
knowledge and skills you need to protect your organizations front
line and yourself. weve developed this crucial
workshop, Security Essentials for Front Desk Professionals. Its
one of the most important training programs National Seminars Group has
ever presented because its packed with information that can literally
Weve boiled down a wealth of knowledge and practical how-tos
into one intensive day of training unlike anything youve ever attended.
- How to spot and eliminate holes in security in your
- Tips for exuding a take-charge, no-nonsense attitude while still
remaining friendly and helpful
- What to look for: red flag behaviors that immediately
clue you that someone intends theft, property damage or other illegal
- Proven strategies for defusing angry or upset visitors or co-workers
before the situation escalates
- Tactics would-be thieves or intruders may use to distract and slip
past you and how to thwart them
- Emergency-response procedures you should know backward and forward
- Tips for recognizing an individual who may be emotionally unbalanced
or capable of violence
And thats just the beginning.Youll
master dozens of proven methods for spotting and effectively handling
suspicious behavior. Youll discover the safest ways to accept deliveries,
learn which policies and procedures may be putting employees at risk,
and find out how other companies have beefed up security without looking
like Fort Knox.
And should the worst-case scenario actually occur and workplace violence
threatens, youll know exactly what to do without putting
yourself at even greater risk.
Your organization counts on you to handle any and all situations that
come in the front door. Dont run the risk of being unprepared or
unsure of how to respond in an emergency situation. The safety and security
of your co-workers and visitors not to mention yourself
is far too important to be left to chance.
Just one day of training at Security Essentials for Front Desk Professionals
will provide you with the crucial skills and know-how you need to protect
your organization from potential security threats. Enroll right now while
space is still available, because demand for this important workshop is
Give yourself the peace of mind that comes from knowing that youre
well-prepared to deal with security threats and emergency situations calmly,
quickly and effectively.
- Youll know how to handle irate, aggressive behavior
quickly and professionally before it gets out of hand. By applying
the proven techniques youll master during your training, youll
defuse potentially explosive situations before theyre out of control
and without putting your personal safety at risk.
- Youll discover which spots in the reception
area are danger zones and know the best methods for tightening
security. Some spots in the reception area are more danger-prone
than others. Youll also find out how to conduct a security audit
to identify additional vulnerable areas in your facility.
- Youll instantly spot red flag behavior
that indicates a person may be emotionally unstable and youll
know how to handle it. Those who commit workplace violence show clear
signs of emotional distress long before they explode. Youll learn
how to identify these warning signals and act accordingly to prevent
- Youll find out how to control visitor access
to your facility without creating an unfriendly image. Keeping people
who dont belong in your building from entering can be half the
battle. Youll learn how to accept deliveries safely, how to keep
people from slipping by the front desk and how to limit access without
looking like Fort Knox.
- Youll recognize weaknesses in procedures that
leave your organization open to unnecessary risk. Well review
common practices and procedures that can leave your organization vulnerable
to security threats, and youll return to work with proven solutions
for establishing risk-reducing procedures that keep your organization
- Youll learn emergency-response procedures that
could save lives including your own. This workshop will offer
potentially life-saving information on how to handle robberies, bomb
threats, people who could be armed in the building or parking lot and
a number of other situations when imminent danger threatens.
- Youll experience less stress and more
peace of mind knowing youre prepared to handle ANYTHING
that comes your way. Youll perform your
tough job with greater confidence and less stress, because
youll know youve got the important skills you need to deal
professionally and effectively with any situation that walks through
the front door!
- Front Desk Professionals
- Anyone in a position
of managing the front desk
Protecting Your organization: What’s Your Role as Receptionist?
Spot Potential Security Threats to Your Organization
- Beyond the headlines: a look at typical acts of violence
in the workplace
- Risk factors that increase your organization’s chances
of experiencing violence
- Danger zones in the workplace where acts of violence
or threats to security typically occur
- Tactics thieves and intruders may use to distract
you – and how to circumvent them without putting yourself in danger
- How to spot safety and security problems in your reception
- Proven techniques for keeping unauthorized people
from slipping past you
“Red Flag” Behavior: Recognizing the Warning Signs of a Potentially Violent
Employee or Guest
- The profile of those most likely to commit violent
acts and why relying solely on that profile can be a mistake
- Red flag behaviors that warn you a visitor
or co-worker might be trouble
- Warning signs that signal when an otherwise nonviolent
person is reaching the end of his or her rope
- Immediate steps to take if you recognize warning signs
in 1) a co-worker 2) a visitor 3) a client
Explosive Situations and Handling Aggressive Behavior
- How to unhook yourself from the 6 hot buttons of conflict
- The best response to a direct, critical (verbal) attack
- Tips for delivering a calm response when you’re feeling
anything but calm
- Steps for de-escalating a potentially explosive situation
without putting yourself at risk
- What to say when an irate caller threatens you or
- Tips for addressing someone in a manner that builds
understanding instead of anger and resentment
Safety Measures to Security-Proof Your Organization
- Basic safety practices that security experts recommend
- How to control visitor access to your facility without creating an
- Safest ways to accept deliveries
- Why increased lighting means increased safety
- After-hours policies that keep your facility safe for remaining workers
Danger Threatens: Safest Ways to Respond in Emergency Situations
- Steps to take if a guest or employee appears suspicious or unstable
1) in the building 2) outside the building
- What to do if you suspect someone has a weapon
- Procedures to follow if you suspect or know an intruder is in your
- Reporting an emergency situation to police
- Practice session: a walk-through of talking down someone
whos threatening violence
- How to respond during and after a robbery
- In case of a bomb threat: recommended emergency procedures
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".