National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Fundamentals of Effective Project Management
This comprehensive two-day workshop gives you a practical approach to managing the resources, people, deadlines and real-world challenges required to bring any project in on time, on target and on budget!
skill-packed two-day workshop is guaranteed to get you up to speed fast
on the latest, most effective project management techniques and strategies
available. In addition, you'll learn literally dozens of practical project
management "how-to's" and tips from the pros that will save you time,
money and effort along the way.
Not only will you gain the same powerful tools top researchers and scientists
use to plan and manage projects like PERT, GANTT and CPM you'll get
step-by-step direction in plain English on how to make these potent time-savers
work for you. Learn the key concepts in this results-focused workshop,
and you'll repay the cost of attending tenfold within the first few weeks
as you use your newfound expertise to maintain tighter control on all
aspects of the project and reduce costly delays and errors.
Bottomline: Invest just two days in this essential project management
workshop, and you'll eliminate unnecessary expenditures, avoid "people
problems" and stamp out waste as you manage projects more effectively
than ever before!
- Develop a project plan starting at ground zero
- Build creative and productive project teams dedicated
to seeing each project through to the finish
- Stay on top of every detail using the exclusive Task
- Put the power of scheduling and planning tools like
PERT, CPM and GANTT to work right away
- Schedule even the most complex projects with relative
- Know how to establish aggressive yet realistic time
- Identify project waste and eliminate it
- Define and communicate team goals and priorities so
everyone knows what¹s expected of them
- Build support for your projects from other departments
- Establish priorities for the project when everything
- Cut project costs by maximizing all your resources,
from time and money to team talents
- Identify and head off 11 roadblocks to productivity
- before your project gets derailed
- Use contingency plans to handle project changes and
obstacles without getting stressed out
- Turn waste-of-time meetings into productive work sessions
team members can't afford to miss
- Recognize when personality conflicts are flaring on
the project team and head them off
- Establish specific action plans that will guide your
project team to success
- Monitor every step of the project so no detail falls
through the cracks
- Overcome team resistance to your project management
direction and ideas without causing resentment
- Keep project team members motivated, focused and enthused
- Capitalize on your leadership strengths to capture
your team's full support and commitment
- Project Managers and Team Leaders
- Supervisors, Managers and Department Heads
- Anyone who wants to manage projects from start to
finish with greater effectiveness and efficiency
Started-You as the Successful Project Manager
- What are the controlling factors every project manager
must contend with?How can they determine the success
or failure of your project?
- Discover the keys to project planning: analyze your
budget and time constraints easily...and accurately
- Learn to fulfill your duties as a project manager
without letting other responsibilities slip
- Find out helpful tips that encourage creativity without
stifling team members or team goals
- Recognize 5 key characteristics all successful project
managers hold-which ones do you possess, and where do you need work?
a Solid Project Team
- Learn vital strategies for team-building and getting
everyone "up to speed"
- Become the kind of leader who keeps the project moving
forward, even when the going gets tough
- Identify 4 common team structures and what projects
work best with each
- Plan tasks and responsibilities effectively by analyzing
the strengths and weaknesses of every team member... yourself included!
Mastering the 4 I's...
Your Key to Guaranteed Project Success Today... How to get projects on
the right track so you don't get sidetracked
- Discover powerful strategies that will help organize
your ideas, set your priorities and accurately assess your time and
- 5 sources of authority-know where to gain the power
to get the project done
- Get project stakeholders "on board" and firmly committed
to your objectives
- Learn how to communicate effectively...and authoritatively...with
people up and down the project line
How to put people together and working cooperatively
- Learn which actions you must take...and avoid...at
each stage of the project cycle
- 5 steps you can take to steer your project successfully
through office politics
- 9 reasons why projects fail-assess your risk before
- Master our exclusive Task Tracker™ method-organize
even the most complex tasks into bite-size, manageable pieces
- Learn 7 positive steps that give purpose to every
What to do to make sure the daily grind of work doesn't cause your project
to grind to a halt
- Gain commitment and cooperation for your project...no matter what
the time frame...no matter what the goal
- 11 roadblocks that can stall your team's productivity
- Paper-free, hassle-free information-keep others informed of your
progress with no additional effort
- How to deal quickly and confidently with inevitable project changes
- 12 easy steps to more accurate time and cost estimates and control
- 7 steps that help you evaluate the glut of project management software
available...before you buy
How to make sure everything fits together and runs smoothly
- 6 strategies that help you anticipate team and project problems
- How to avoid making mistakes when you're under pressure
- Develop essential project plans easily by using GANTT, PERT and CPM
- 5 powerful ways to keep conflict to a minimum on any project team
- 9 steps that help you "wrap it up" easily and completely
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".