National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Organization Skills for the Overwhelmed!
You don't have to struggle with getting and staying organized anymore! Spend just one day at this seminar, and you'll never feel overwhelmed and disorganized again!
Get organized and regain control of your hectic life!
Let’s not mince words: You’re buried at work, right? Tons of e-mails to answer. Tons of crazy-impossible deadlines looming. Tons of projects on your ever-expanding to-do list.
And that desk - oh, that desk of yours. Do you sometimes look at it with utter dread, thinking that you only have two options: run away or strike a match?
Stop! There’s no need for extreme measures - help is at hand!
Our stress-busting, sanity-saving new workshop, Organization Skills for the Overwhelmed!, delivers practical tips, techniques, and strategies for getting organized and taking control - right away!
Tame your wild workspace (caution - people may wonder what’s gotten into you!)
Have you ever found yourself madly pawing through the clutter on your desk for something you desperately need NOW? The “find the needle in the haystack” game isn’t much fun for anyone ... and playing it too often is a sure-fire way to tarnish your credibility.
When you attend this training, you’ll learn:
Bottomline - you’ll know where everything that you need is, and you’ll learn how to identify what you don’t need so you can get that mess out of your life once and for all!
- How to break the urge to keep everything
- A step-by-step method for turning piles into files
- Desk-clearing techniques to make you look neat in just minutes
- How to gain control of your desk, your storage systems, and even your walls
- Effective alternatives to the “sticky note method” of remembering important things
- How to make the most out of your workspace - even if it’s tiny!
- What to do with all those unorganized e-mails you’ve been storing for months
Learn how to master your Time and double your Effectiveness!
This training is focused on delivering the must-have skills you need to master your time and maximize your effectiveness. We’ll show you how to dissect your workday to see which activities are good time investments and which habits you’ve picked up are flat-out time-wasters.
You’ll find out how to free up countless hours with a time management plan you customize for the way YOU work and that will hold up in the interruption-plagued, ever-changing work environment you work in.
What You'll Learn
- Learn how to organize ANYTHING in 3 basic steps.
- Eliminate time-wasters from your day and boost your productivity.
- Identify your “peak productivity” times of the day and use them most effectively.
- Discover how to pinpoint and eliminate old habits and behaviors that waste precious time.
- Gain smart tips to make sure you always have papers and files at your fingertips the moment you need them.
- Learn how to have a neat, efficient work area you’ll be proud for others to see.
- Discover how to get control of your in-box, e-mail, voice mail, and other communications.
- Know how to tell when you’re overstressed and how to de-stress fast!
1. Learn How to Get Organized — And Stay Organized
2. Where Does Your Time Go?
- How to organize ANYTHING in 3 simple steps
- Using the RAFT method to weed out nonessential papers
- A step-by-step plan of attack for turning piles into files
- How to get control of e-mail, voice mail, phone calls, and more
- Desk-clearing techniques that make you look neat and professional
- How to get free of the perfectionism trap and ratchet up your productivity
- Identifying old habits and thought processes that keep you from being as effective as you can be
3. Set Your Priorities to Get More Done
- The Time Management Style Survey: assessing your strengths and pinpointing your weaknesses
- 5 time-wise habits that top achievers share
- Tips for assessing how long a task or project will really take
- How to discover your daily “peak productivity time” and use it to your best advantage
- 20 smart ideas for stopping the interruptions that eat up your time
- Creating a time management plan that’s tailored to the way YOU work
- How “next-step thinking” moves your time management plan into action
- Using calendars, PDAs, and software to boost your effectiveness
4. Tame Your Wild Workspace
- Learn the “F.A.S.T.” (Focus, Agree, Schedule, Track) system of priority management
- The 9 “Great Deceivers” that keep you powerless to prioritize
- How to eliminate procrastination from your life — forever!
- Managing your schedule — instead of letting it manage you!
- Identify your biggest time-wasters
- How to create a schedule with built-in flexibility for the unexpected
- The power of the “one-minute focus” to start your day right
- You can’t do it all! How to “Just Say NO!” when your plate is full
5. Lower Your Stress Level and Enrich Your Life
- How simply rearranging your workspace could boost your efficiency and professionalism
- Break the pack rat habit — keep only what is current and useful
- Learn why organizational gurus advise you to “Get a bigger trash can”
- Personal-filing systems that take only seconds to use
- Discover how space organization tools can give you more room to work
- Staying on task despite a constant flood of e-mails, texts, voice mail, and phone calls
- Creating an in-box system that works for you — not against you
- Turning piles into files — we’ll show you how, step-by-step
Who Should Attend
- Discover why working longer and harder doesn’t necessarily make you more productive
- Learn tips for avoiding the most common stress-related health problems
- Your life outside of work — do you have one?
- Why getting organized is vital to decreasing stress
- How getting organized can ward off insanity, shorten your workday, get you out in the fresh air, and improve your quality of life
How can I know if this here’s your five-point plan for workshop is for me?
Find out with this quick quiz ... See how many of these questions apply to you.
If these scenarios sound like you, then Organization Skills for the Overwhelmed! will benefit you beyond measure. The tips, tricks, techniques, and strategies you’ll learn in this exciting, jam-packed workshop will help you work more effectively and lower your stress level for the rest of your life! There’s no time to lose! Enroll now!
- Do you procrastinate on getting organized because you can’t figure out where to start?
- Do people sometimes make fun of your messy workspace ... or worse ... give you one of those disapproving looks?
- Do the sticky notes taped to your computer and calendars resemble a patchwork quilt?
- Have you ever started looking for something only to forget what you were looking for because the search took too long?
- Has your IT team ever lectured you about cleaning out your e-mail in-box?
- Is trying to find papers or files you need more difficult than a scavenger hunt?
- Do phone calls, e-mails, and meetings eat up your time so you can’t get your work done?
- Are you scared to throw papers away for fear you’ll forget something?
- Do you have trouble deciding what’s “hottest,” when everything (and everyone) is screaming for your attention?
- Do you sometimes feel anxious, stressed, and overwhelmed just walking into your workspace?
- Is your workspace awkwardly arranged and/or so packed with stuff that you constantly have to step over and around things?
- Does your stress affect the way you are with coworkers, friends, and family?
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".