National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Communicating Professionalism in the Workplace
Discover how to develop that all-important winning edge that will lead you to unlimited career success!
Communicate the image of a confident, competent professional headed for
Like it or not, people form judgments about you in the
workplace based on your behavior, attitude, speech and appearance. The
impressions you communicate to others positive or negative
can help you get ahead professionally, or can doom your career progress.
Ask yourself honestly: Do you ever feel invisible
at work, as if you arent on the radar screen of the powers that
be? When you offer ideas, are your suggestions seriously considered
or ignored? Have you ever wished youd expressed yourself better
with your boss, coworkers or customers? And do you envy the confidence
of those whore so completely at ease in work-related settings like
business lunches, off-site meetings with customers or clients or other
If you can answer yes to even one of those
questions, Communicating Professionalism in the Workplace
is the solution youve been looking for. This unique, new, one-day
workshop is designed to give you the skills you need to develop the powerful
presence of a true professional one that communicates confidence
and earns respect.
In just one skill-building day, youll learn how
- Project a confident, highly professional image
- Communicate more effectively with your boss and coworkers
- Build stronger working relationships with coworkers
down the ladder
- Feel at ease in any business setting: meetings, client
and social functions
- Deal with difficult coworkers and tough situations
calmly and confidently
- Master the secrets of effective telephone and e-mail
- Keep your attitude positive and your motivation high
Whats more, youll find out how to avoid making
inadvertent mistakes in your speech, word choices, work habits and business
etiquette mistakes that can ruin your credibility and hold you
back. Imagine how much more enjoyable and less stressful your job will
be when you know how to handle every workplace challenge confidently,
appropriately and professionally!
Well show you step by step how to develop the behaviors
and attitudes that add up to rock-solid professionalism the winning
edge that will set you apart and position you for career success. As you
apply your newfound skills back at work, youll be amazed at how
quickly you begin to gain the recognition and respect you deserve as others
become keenly aware of what a valuable asset you are to the organization.
Your confidence will grow daily, youll enjoy your
job more and youll be highly promotable in the future!
Why wait any longer to be your professional best?
a professionalism that gains the respect and cooperation of others.
Communicate assertively and confidently, without coming off as overly
Work more effectively with coworkers or bosses whove been difficult
in the past.
Gain buy-in for your ideas and win over others to your way of thinking.
Master the new business etiquette and feel at ease in all
Boost your credibility and promotability in the eyes of
Project the positive, winning attitude of a highly competent, confident
Communicate with authority and assurance by phone, e-mail and voice
Make a dynamic first impression with everyone
Double the amount of information you receive by using active listening
Improve work relationships by building rapport with coworkers up and
down the ladder.
Handle back-stabbers, negative people and whiners with ease.
Use the power of your voice to convey an authoritative image.
Earn the reputation of an effective communicator whos a highly
valuable asset to the organization.
Keep yourself motivated every day.
- Managers and supervisors
- HR Personnel
- Help Desk
- Frontline staff
- Administrative assistants
- Customer service personnel
- IT professionals
- Team leaders
- Front desk personnel
Communication: Your Key to Making a Powerful Impact
- Basic techniques
for assertive, effective communication
- Assessing your
personal communication strengths and weaknesses
- 3 classic communication
roadblocks and how to get around them
- Nonverbal communication:
Making sure your body language is conveying the message you want
- Active listening
skills guaranteed to double your communication effectiveness
tips that will strengthen your professional relationships
Assertive responses for various common workplace situations
Enhancers That Earn You Respect Up and Down the Ladder
- 5 key ways to enhance your credibility in the office
- The secret to making a dynamic impression in those
all-important first 7 seconds
- Words and phrases that can crush your credibility
and better options
- Accountability 101: Understanding the crucial importance
of a trait shared by true professionals
- Power tips for gaining credibility in meetings
- Building influence: 12 effective ways to win over
others to your way of thinking
- Increasing your visibility with 6 ways to subtly toot
your own horn
SKILLS PRACTICE: Networking how-tos that
expand your sphere of influence
New Business Etiquette: How to Be Confident and Comfortable in Todays
- Why todays changing workplace demands a new
- How to make introductions, both formally and informally
- To shake or not to shake
- Which conversation topics are inappropriate in the
workplace? With clients?
- Guidelines for meeting, dining or traveling with coworkers
- Your attire and your credibility: Understanding how
the former affects
- What you need to know about office gossip, the
grapevine and confidentiality
- Recognizing the perils in office relationships
SKILLS PRACTICE: Dealing with cultural, generational,
religious and other differences
Communication Tools to Create a Strong Virtual Presence
- How to make your voice image shine
- Mastering telephone techniques that immediately announce
you as professional
- Voice mail tactics that will get your message returned
- Dos and donts for e-mail effectiveness
- Avoiding 10 common blunders for telephone, voice mail
and e-mail use
SKILLS PRACTICE: Scripting a stand-out voice mail
recording for yourself
Difficult Coworkers and Tough Situations Confidently and Professionally
- Proven strategies for dealing with difficult coworkers
- When the difficult coworker happens to be your boss:
Understanding your options
- The 6 steps to resolving a disagreement in a professional
- Do you have a basic fear of conflict? Heres
how to get over it and face conflict head-on
- How to say no tactfully yet firmly, without
causing anger or resentment
- Tips for appearing calm and in control when youre
feeling the opposite
SKILLS PRACTICE: Professional responses for various
tough situations you encounter in the workplace
a Positive and Professional Image
- Tactics for keeping your attitude right when everything
is going wrong
- How to exude enthusiasm without being accused of being
- Tips for keeping negative coworkers from infecting
- Not feeling motivated? 10 ways to get your motivation
in high gear
- Stress-busting techniques that help you keep your
- Keys to positioning yourself for continued career
SKILLS PRACTICE: Achieving your professional dreams
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".