National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Strengthening Your People Skills in the Workplace
Gain essential skills for understanding, relating to, and working better with all types of people … even the most difficult!
No doubt about it: Individuals with excellent interpersonal skills rise
to the top in their careers, in their organizations and in life!
Youve probably seen it happen time and again. Take
two people with similar skills and knowledge, but one of them has enviable
people skills while the others interpersonal skills are only mediocre.
Which one gets ahead faster and goes further? You know the answer to that
one no contest!
What you may not know is that effective interpersonal
skills can be learned just like any other skill.
Its true! In fact, many a top professional who appears
to be a born people person comfortable and confident
in any situation has taken training to master the interpersonal
skills he or she uses to connect so powerfully with others. The ability
to build effective professional relationships, to strike up instant rapport,
to communicate with tact, and to make a memorable impression are nothing
more than a collection of techniques that you can learn and cultivate.
Strengthening Your People Skills in the Workplace
is an intensive new workshop that provides you with a one-day way to gain
the essential people skills you need to push ahead in your career. No
other skill set is as crucial to your professional or personal success!
Attend, and youll learn how to
others to your way of thinking
- Gain enthusiasm for your ideas, buy-in for your plans,
and support when you need it using a concise method for persuasion.
rapport with new people
- Connect with new people quickly, establishing rapport
sure to result in solid, long-lasting professional relationships.
people more effectively with less stress
- Counteract typical tactics difficult people use, and
gain insight into why difficult people behave the way they do.
with conflict, confrontation and disagreements
- Prevent conflict before it happens by confronting others
professionally, calmly and tactfully over differences you have.
and eliminate habits and tendencies that hold you back
- Continue to strengthen your people skills long after
this workshop is over by recognizing and eliminating self-sabotaging
Ask yourself honestly: Are your people skills holding
you back professionally? If youve read this far in this brochure
about strengthening your interpersonal effectiveness, theres a strong
chance that you know all too well that the answer to this question is
So stop struggling with your interpersonal challenges
on your own! Make the commitment right now to attend this workshop and
get the proven tools and techniques you need to make an immediate, dramatic
improvement in the way you work with others. Dont wait any longer
to achieve the career success and the personal success you
- Never again experience the misunderstandings and miscommunications
that have soured working relationships in the past.
- Feel confident in situations that once caused you
- Work effectively with people whose personalities and
communication styles differ from your own.
- Make others feel valued, important and comfortable
in your presence.
- Become more influential in your organization.
- Improve your results in dealing with difficult people
by better understanding them.
- Handle confrontation confidently and professionally.
- Break out of your comfort zone to feel more comfortable
in unfamiliar settings or activities.
- Connect immediately with new people and quickly
- Deliver criticism in a constructive way that causes
positive behavior change, not anger or resentment.
- Recognize and eliminate interpersonal tendencies and
habits that are holding you back, professionally and personally.
- Resolve conflict and move on to collaboration and
- Diplomatically handle tough situations by knowing
exactly what to say when.
- Strengthen your rapport and your results
with those up and down the ladder.
- Cool down heated verbal exchanges before the situation
gets out of hand.
- Reduce the stress and tension in your department by
opening the lines of communication.
- Deal quickly and effectively with those who challenge
you or put you down in front of others.
- Give sincere praise effectively and frequently
and watch your personal power grow.
- Establish yourself as a respected leader who gets
exceptional results through others.
Interpersonal Success Through Self-Awareness
how strong interpersonal skills will magnify your personal power dramatically
- Assessing your
interpersonal skills: How successfully do you interact with others?
- Exploring your
interpersonal behavior: In what situations do you feel powerful? Powerless?
Overpowering? Unsure? Anxious?
- Analyzing various
communication styles and recognizing your own
- Strategies for
effectively interacting with communication styles different from yours
- Pinpointing interpersonal
habits and tendencies that may be holding you back
Establishing Solid Working Relationships Up and Down the Ladder
- Where people skills go bad: Top mistakes
that sour relationships and how to avoid them
- Introvert or extrovert? How to use your personality
type to your advantage when building rapport
- Proven techniques for connecting with
people you dont know
- The secret to making others feel valued and important
- 10 bridge-builders that create strong alliances with
- Creating an environment where everyone feels safe
in expressing themselves openly
- Recognizing the unlimited power of sincere praise
to Persuade and Influence Others to Your Way of Thinking
- Creating a win-win approach your key to dealing
successfully with others at all levels
- Step-by-step method for persuading others with a quick,
- Assertive vs. aggressive: Understanding why strong-arm
tactics backfire every time
- Tips for gaining buy-in for your ideas and plans
- Surefire techniques for winning over an adversary
to your way of thinking
- Go to Plan B: Understanding your options when they
simply wont see it your way
With Difficult People and Handling Tough Situations
- Why are difficult people difficult? The answers may
- Recognizing how your attitudes and behaviors impact
the behavior of others
- Analyzing the classic types of difficult people
- Typical weapons difficult people use and how to counteract
- Finding the right words: EASY scripts you can use
to get through tough situations
- Constructive feedback: Techniques for giving criticism
in a way that creates positive behavior change
- Tips for handling criticism calmly when its
dished out to you
Through Conflict With Tact and Finesse
- Policies that help minimize conflict in the workplace
- Whats the real problem? Getting to the root
- Elements of constructive confrontation: How to face
it calmly, confidently and head-on
- Techniques for defusing explosive situations quickly
- The 3-step method of working through a situation to
permanently resolve conflict
- Negotiation strategies that turn noes into yeses
- Tips for keeping your emotions from sabotaging you
during conflict or confrontation
Your Strategic Advantage in Interpersonal Effectiveness
- How excellent listening skills can expand your personal
- Master the basics of active listening and double
your communication effectiveness
- Are you unintentionally shutting down important information
or feedback? Heres how to stop it
- What are they really trying to tell you? Reading body
language and nonverbal cues
- To feel listened to is to feel valued: How to make
colleagues or employees feel heard
- What to do when the person youre listening to
wont stop talking
Skills to Help You Shine in Specific Situations
- Making a memorable, positive impression in those crucial
first few seconds
- Interpersonal skills at work during business lunches
- Making networking events productive instead
of a torturous waste of time
- At a loss for small talk at work-related social functions?
Try these tips
- Assertive communication in action: Practicing responses
for various workplace situations
- Tips for saying no without arousing anger
- Major communication mistakes that can damage your
career and how to avoid them
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".