National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
Developing Trust & Respect in the Workplace
Without Respect, Work Environments Break Down!
Discover the power of workplace trust and respect
Imagine a world where …
Sound like a fantasy? It’s not!
- Everyone around you treats you with the respect and dignity that you deserve …
- You don’t have to deal with gossips, liars, or bullies …
- Coworkers focus on fixing problems, not placing blame …
- You actually enjoy coming to work every day – and you get more done!
It’s the result of workplace relationships built on a foundation of trust and respect. And there’s absolutely no better way to learn how to develop trust and respect in the workplace than this amazing one-day seminar!
You’ll learn how to establish your own personal credibility … understand how different backgrounds can influence perceptions … and get tools for setting boundaries and creating expectations of behavior from those around you.
Your coworkers don’t have to be your best friends – but it’s absolutely critical that you create relationships of mutual respect and trust. You’ll not only enjoy going to work – you’ll be able to get more done!
This seminar is critical for organizational leaders! Wouldn’t you love …
- A culture that’s more positive and productive …
- Improved communication and cooperation – even between departments that don’t historically work well together …
- Employees excited to take initiative and accept responsibility …
- High morale, reduced turnover, and more!
Understanding the Role of Respect and Trust
Building – or Rebuilding – Your Personal Credibility
- The power of trust and respect on an individual and organizational level
- Your role and responsibilities in creating an environment of mutual respect
- How one bad relationship can send ripples throughout the entire organization
- Identifying underlying causes of negativity, distrust, and disrespect
- Principles for maintaining positive relationships even during disagreements
Communication: A Cornerstone of Respect and Trust
- Understanding the 4 corners of personal credibility
- How your attitude can affect how others treat you – and one another
- Creating your own code of ethics
- Understanding the links among image, behavior, and perception
- Identifying behaviors that could be interpreted negatively – even if you don’t realize it
What Lies Beneath: Disrespect or Simply Difference?
- 7 tips to effective and active listening and how hearing someone creates respect
- Beyond listening – understanding the power of recognition
- How body language can convey disrespect and mistrust
- Are you too blunt? Tools for increasing tact and finesse
- Positive behaviors you can use to immediately gain the respect and trust of others
Trust, Respect, and Teamwork
- Different ways in which respect has different meanings for different people
- Personality types – understanding how personality influences behavior and perception
- Generational differences in what’s considered respectful
- The power of knowing and acknowledging social or cultural markers
Setting Boundaries and Expectations
- Understanding how negative behavior is reinforced in a team environment
- Modeling behavior: you don’t have to be in charge to have a tremendous influence on your coworkers
- Bridge-building techniques for mending difficult relationships
- Great positive reinforcement strategies that keep relationship building on the right path
- The role of team-building exercises in building trust … and easy ones to implement anywhere, anytime
Commanding Respect in Any Situation
- 5 ways to become an advocate for mutual respect
- Harnessing dignity and self-respect – even dealing with those who’ve betrayed in the past
- Tools to help you not engage with chronic gossips, bullies, and liars
- Diplomatic ways to remove yourself from situations
- Changing how you respond to a negative situation – even if your mind doesn’t want you to
Who Should Attend
- Strategies to keep you in control of your own reactions
- What to do when you’re challenged or put down in front of others
- The power of scripts when dealing with a pattern of behavior
- Understanding the long-term consequences of letting things slide
- How to neutralize your own emotions after a difficult encounter
Attention, Managers, Supervisors, and Leaders:
If you want a functioning team working at the peak of productivity, an environment of mutual trust and respect is critical! Without trust and respect, your organization is vulnerable to ...
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg! The tools and techniques for building trust, respect, and understanding will have an incredible impact on your team’s performance and rapport. So why not take your entire team to this powerful day of training? It could just be the most influential day of team-building ever!
- Delayed decision making
- Poor morale
- A lack of communication
- High turnover
- A lack of initiative
- Blaming and backstabbing
- A long approval process
- Stalled projects
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction 9:00 a.m.
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".