all the power you can.
When you work in the Web world, you need to keep adding
to your skills at warp speed. That’s why we’ve designed a workshop series
that delivers the techniques today that you’ll use tomorrow. Combine all
the know-how you’ll receive at the Designing With Dreamweaver
one-day workshop and the cutting-edge Flash Attack Workshop
on the next day and you’ll get unbounded creative and technical power
at your fingertips.
Join the masters of the Web universe
Be the creator of a Web site that sizzles with savvy and sophistication
not to mention built-in, user-friendly options. Its so
easy when you harness the megapotential of the two hottest Web-authoring
programs out today. Getting the know-how has never been faster. Our
workshop series accelerates your learning and shows you how to combine
the strengths of two powerful Web design programs for one incredible
Youll produce a Web site that looks like it took
years to create
Youll stop wondering how to do those dazzling special
effects you see on other Web sites. Thats because youll walk
away with the skills to go toe-to-toe with those big guys. If youve
ever worried that you couldnt compete with the award-winning Web
youll find out you can! This workshop series will plug
you in to time-saving, efficient processes that create a site that works
great and looks great.
Why do you need to know two programs for one Web site?
Get double-strength Web power! Youll enjoy ease of design whether
youre a techie or not. Dreamweavers templates and tables
incorporate solid design principles in every corner of your screen.
And, updating content and changing your style is no big deal anymore.
Add to that the animation imagination of Flash and get the jazzy look
of the most sophisticated sites on the Web today. Your graphics will
sing and dance whether you know how to write the code or not. What you
end up with is a site that is as artistic as it is technically perfect.
The Dreamweaver and Flash workshop series goes straight
for the good stuff
Just like your site viewers wont tolerate a dull, static Web page,
we dont expect you to put up with training that isnt up-to-the-second
and just what you need. Heres a sample of whats in store
during these two ground-breaking workshop sessions
1. Build the Web site of your dreams with Dreamweavers
full image-editor integration of Photoshop, Fireworks, ImageReady and
2. Use Flashs cutting-edge capabilities with
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and blow up your content to screen size
without losing resolution.
3. Youll achieve the look you want with 100%
accuracy with your ability to position objects with pixel-precise placement.
4. Use Dreamweavers built-in templates and search
features that automate common tasks and quickly update content.
5. Check out the competition. See the looks of award-winning
Dreamweaver Web sites.
6. Design Flash(y) buttons that your viewers wont
be able to resist pushing.
7. Fill your technobox with versatile tools that edit
and clean up HTML code, fix common errors and synchronize your Web site
with other Web editors.
8. Youll leave with two great workbook resources
filled with step-by-step instruction. You wont forget a thing.
9. The perfect solution for the non-artist
that smooth and lines that straighten
Flashs Freehand shapes
actually look good!
10. Get all your burning Web questions answered by
your trainer, an expert in the field.
11. Construct Dreamweaver tables, frames and forms
filled with active content without writing a line of code!
12. Create hot spots on your page and link them to
different URLs with Image Maps.
13. Save lots of time by letting Flash do the animation
work with Shape and Motion Tweening.
14. Discover 2 techniques for keeping your animation
process simple and organized.
15. End your worries about different browsers. Use
Flashs Publish feature and have it create HTML for you or save
your movie format as a GIF, PNG or QuickTime movie.
16. It doesnt matter if your artistic abilities
dont go beyond stick figures. Youll get a look that will
light up the screen.
Started With Dreamweaver: What Looks Good on the Menu?
- Moving into your Workspace in the Document window
- Preparation musts: set Ruler Units, Grid Settings
and Page Properties
- Inside the Dreamweaver toolbox with the Property
- Dreamweavers layout capabilities with tables,
images, text and forms
- Taking the shortcut with the Launcher
- Web design basics: ALT tags, Web image formats and
- Point and shoot icons to create anchor links and
- Adding images, plug-in files, layers and tables
with the easy-to-use Objects Palette
to Transform Piles Into Files!
- Essential questions to ask before you file any document
- 4 rules of file classification that allow split-
- Learn which types of files should be close at hand
- Discover how to separate your files and make your
projects easier to tackle
- Standard practice for handling working files
- No more piles? Then what do you do with to
be filed records you dont have time to file?
- Make File 13 your greatest ally! Items
you can toss right now
Site Management Toolbox
- Easy organization and cataloging techniques within
the Site Window
- Manage your files with the flowchart features of
the Site Map
- Pick and choose the files to transfer with Put and
- The Synchronization command and keeping your site
- Check-in/check-out systems that track pages when
several people are collaborating
- Use Dreamweavers built-in FTP program to place
your files on the Web
Your Web Design in Focus
- Monitor your source code with the HTML inspector
- Design a user-friendly form
- Go for a global style … let Dreamweaver write the
code for CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- The meta-tag: Every search engine’s friend
(without having to write code!)
- Make graphics glide across the page with the Timeline
- Increase your interactivity with Java Applets, plug-ins,
Flash and ActiveX technologies
- Keeping code the way you wrote it and still get
the advantage of WYSIWYG with Roundtrip HTML
- Preview your document in multiple browsers without
- Tables: a simple
way to set your style
- Table modification
by adding, deleting or merging cells
tables: Check your rows, your colors and your columns
tables to layers and layers to tables
- Avoid common
mistakes when creating a nested table
Efficiency With Dreamweaver’s Automation Capabilities
- Maintain your
own unique style using templates
- Modify templates
to update the look of an entire site in four quick steps
- Check out the
library: Update content and add it quickly to multiple pages
- Change your
mind? Multiple undos in the History palette
- Search and
replace text and capabilities using Dreamweaver’s Find function for
fast searches across multiple files and folders
Attack Workshop Agenda
The Graphic Truth About Flash
- Inside the Flash Editor: The Timeline and the Work
- Setting the Stage for your animation’s size
- Text effects so creative that the words pop out
of the screen
- Making shapes change shapes
- How to get lines that don’t curve and curves that
are actually round!
- Fill ’er up: Color gradients and fills you won’t
see anywhere else
- Getting it right where you want it with rules, grids,
guides and snaps
- View, modify and organize your movie elements with
- Scale, skew and rotate with the Transform Panel
- Keep control of your colors with the Swatches Panel
- Get a thumbnail preview of frame content in the
- Creating a scene for thematic organization of your
- Using links to shared library assets
- Editing library items using Flash or other programs
- Update your modified files without reimporting
Alive! Animation Made Easy
- Frame-by-frame animation
- Techniques for creating keyframes
- Let Flash make the motion with animation tweening
- Hints for easy morphing with shape tweening
- Analyze the animation with onion skinning
- Simplifying your work with symbolism
- Sounding off … importing sounds and adding to frames
- Working with event sounds (parameters) for more
control and streaming ability
- Guidelines for keeping sound file sizes in check
- It’s all about Actions: Frame Actions and Button
- The Flash way of creating standard navigation buttons,
menus and games
- Create rollover buttons, buttons that change shape,
animated buttons and multiple hotspots
Movies for the Web
- The advantages
of the Preloader
elements for smaller file sizes, compression
- Taking your
animation into Dreamweaver and other Web-authoring software
- Exporting movies
for playback and review: Flash, GIF and other formats
- Quality vs.
quantity: Publish and Flash player settings
- Working with
the Bandwidth Profiler and the Streaming Graph
- Adding sound
and sample rates
- Viewing Flash
animations on older browsers
Guarantee of Complete Satisfaction
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!