National Seminars Group & Padgett Thompson
a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
The Accounts Payable Workshop For Those New to AP
What You Will Learn
Who Should Attend
Learn the Essential Skills of AP in Just One Day
The Accounts Payable Workshop for Those New to AP is critical new training designed especially for professionals like you who are new to the demanding responsibilities of accounts payable. Fast-paced and information-rich, this program condenses the “most important of the most important” AP basics into clear, concise, easy-to-understand training.
AP Responsibilities Are Demanding – and Stressful
As a professional that is new to AP – or someone who has recently added AP duties to your job – you’re no doubt more than a little overwhelmed with the challenges you now face every day. You’re under constant deadlines, your workload is overwhelming and you have the enormous responsibility of keeping track of what your organization pays out – accurately! And most importantly you know that even a single mistake on your part can cost your organization time and money. Talk about stress!
From invoices to government regulations, this training event will get you up to speed on the crucial job responsibilities of AP professionals – quickly and easily!
What You'll Learn:
Who Should Attend?
- Critical elements for accurate 1099 reporting
- Power tips and shortcuts for reducing your massive workload
- The hottest NEW technology in AP and what it means for you
- The latest government requirements and regulations for handling payments of all kinds
- Simple strategies for setting up vendor accounts
- And much more!
- Accounts payable associates
- Accounts payable clerks
- Executive assistants
- Administrative assistants
- Small-business owners
- Those who deal with AP functions, even if they don’t work full-time in AP
Elements of Highly Successful AP Pros
Must-Know Vendor Set-up Strategies
- Understanding the important role you play in your organization’s “big picture”
- Why your job is much more than “paying the bills”
- Characteristics the best AP pros share
- A review of critical AP processes, systems and procedures
- Skills Practice: Test your accounting knowledge and see where you can improve
- The ins and outs of auditing: What you need to know
Managing Your Workload Without Sacrificing Accuracy
- Getting all the information you need to correctly set up new vendors
- Setting up vendor controls and receiver controls
- Understanding the most important rule in the vendor-supplier relationship
- Tips for negotiating excellent payment terms
- 7 hassle-free steps to getting approvals, documentation and complete information – the first time!
- Terms and conditions that should be included in every agreement
Staying Legal in Accounts Payable
- Simple strategies for managing mountains of invoices
- 6 questions every AP pro must ask about each invoice
- Tracking tips to ensure you’ve received what you’re paying for
- Maintaining current and accurate payment records
- Identifying your biggest time-wasters and how to eliminate them
Must-Know Technology and Trends
- What you need to know about year-end reporting
- Essentials of accurate 1099 reporting
- IRS TIN matching program and what it can do for you
- The latest government requirements and regulations regarding how you should handle certain payments
- Secrets to setting up files that will hold up under the toughest scrutiny
- When you need to secure your files and when you don't
- The benefits of P-Cards
- How computer-based receiving affects AP
- The latest information on 3-way match
- AP software that works for you, not against you
- Emerging AP trends
We stand behind our seminars
with a 100 percent , iron-clad, money-back guarantee
of satisfaction. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied
with the solid skills, the tips, tools and shortcuts, and the crucial
information you receive during this workshop, well refund your money
in full. Every penny. Guaranteed!
to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at
Discount: When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends
Lunch is on your own.
Education: Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional
board. Contact your own board to find out what's required.
If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop,
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
National Seminars Group will e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".