a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
The Sales And Use Tax Seminar
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: PUT
Now you can gain the Sales and Use Tax knowledge base
it takes to avoid costly accounting mistakes -- without consulting a tax
attorney. This one-day session is designed to help you master the ins
and outs of meeting your tax obligations.
Attend, and you'll learn how to determine which transactions are taxable
... find exemptions you may not be aware of ... and handle business partners
who aren't in compliance with new tax laws.
Once this seminar is over, you'll have the confidence and knowledge you
need to keep your company audit-ready, streamline your current recordkeeping
system, and avoid the common Sales and Use Tax errors that lead to stiff
penalties and legal action.
You Will Cover ...
- Expert insight into what the Sales and Use Taxes are
... and how they're changing business today
- Definitions you must be aware of if you ever want to
gain a better understanding of this complicated legislation
- What's legally considered to be a transaction ... and
which ones are taxable
- How to take advantage of tax breaks you may not
realize how much you're entitled to
- What penalties you could face if state authorities
don't feel you've paid enough
- What third-party delivery charges are ... and if you
need to pay taxes on them
- How to determine when a buyer becomes an owner ...
the answer may surprise you
- Services vs. tangible property: How your responsibilities
change according to each
- How the mail-order use tax could end up affecting every
single one of your customers
- How to determine just who has to pay the taxes on returns
- What circumstances could increase your tax liability
and decrease your company's bottom line
- How to keep up with your changing legal obligations
according to whether you are buying or selling
- A valuable warehouse strategy that could make your
tax liability disappear
- Tips that will help take the confusion out of applying
for exemption certificates
- How you should deal with tax credits ... refund opportunities
... and overpayments
- When you must register as an out-of-state vendor or
risk being in violation of the law
- Tax procedures for handling and filing bad debts
- The only situations where you will not have to pay
a local sales tax
- The trickiest areas of use tax returns ... and how
to sidestep the common pitfalls
- How the multistate compact affects your company
and your job responsibilities
- How to avoid getting bogged down with invoices and
steamroll through use tax collections
- Is the time you spend on the phone inflating your taxes?
Find out here
- When a company's advertising expenses become taxable
- What changes you should make now to prevent costly
legal mistakes later
- Valuable techniques you can use to get and keep
your company audit-ready
- What type of unintentional blunders you could be held
personally accountable for
- Straight talk about preparing for a judicial review
so you won't do more harm than good
- How Sales and Use Taxes impact your company
Should Attend ...
Accounting and purchasing professionals who wants to gain
a comprehensive understanding of Sales and Use Taxes and avoid costly
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention above meeting number and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".