a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
The Essentials Of Human Resources
A Two-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: PKQ2
As an HR professional, continuing
professional development isn't an option - it's an obligation. Laws change,
employee responsibilities shift, and core functions are impacted. It's
critical that you and every single member of your staff knows how to avoid
unintentional errors that can have lasting and damaging effects.
This intensive two-day session is the surest way to learn how to identify
and alert management to potential liability problems … confidently handle
hiring, disciplinary procedures and terminations … and update your knowledge
of employment law.
You Will Benefit ...
- Get up-to-date on legal issues that impact your department
- Demonstrate you are ready for more responsibility
- Spend less time dealing with personnel files and records
- Communicate more effectively with managers and employees
You Will Cover ...
- The most pressing issues in employment law today
- Safeguarding your company from employee lawsuits
- Specific measures you should take when investigating
a harassment claim
- From ADA to Workers' Comp: Keeping your legal knowledge
- Ensuring you fully comply with FMLA guidelines
- Avoiding complications with ERISA and COBRA
- Exclusions and penalties in FLSA
- Interviewing guidelines: The key to keeping your company
out of court
- Conducting formal counseling and disciplinary meetings
- Making sure a manager has followed company policy (and
the law) before firing an employee
- Complying with the law without filing every document
- Identifying and eliminating time-wasting practices
- A valuable overview of EEO and Affirmative Action regulations
- Determining the extent of employer responsibility
- Communicating with employees so they truly understand
- Developing effective new-hire orientation plans
- Handling exempt and nonexempt employment issues
- Staging company events: Promotion and planning strategies
- The legal considerations of recruitment, background
checks and screening
- Responding to a candidate who volunteers information
that's illegal to ask for
- Reducing your organization's legal liability during
- Proven techniques for managing critical recordkeeping
- Meeting your temporary staffing needs more efficiently
- HR in the computer age - exploring ways to save time
- Keeping up with work when you're faced with constant
Should Attend ...
For HR professionals with less than 5 years of experience
who take seriously their obligation to keep their knowledge and skills
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention above meeting number and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".