The Take-Charge Assistant
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: PAS
No one has to tell you that the role of assistant has taken on a whole new level of respect – and responsibility – in today's fast-paced business world.
There's no arguing that assistants and other office professionals have always been the backbone to every successful organization. They're oftentimes the glue that holds departments – and companies – together. But, as costs creep up and the pressure to improve the bottom line increases, the manager/assistant team is counted on to produce more – usually with far fewer resources.
As a result, your boss is probably very pleased that you want to tackle an expanded, take-charge role in your organization.
Of course when you have one foot in both business worlds – the role of management and support – you need the savvy of both areas. To do your job to the best you can takes special abilities that not every assistant has. That is ... until now!
Attend this powerful skill-building seminar guaranteed to improve your communication, team-building, problem-solving and project management skills. In just one day, you'll learn the kind of productive skills that often takes weeks or months to learn on your own in the "real-world."
When you return to work the next day, you'll be ready to effectively and efficiently handle people, projects and paperwork better than you could have ever imagined.
How You Will Benefit ...
- Set challenging goals
- Keep things running smoothly when the boss is gone
- Prioritize multiple projects and tasks better when everyone wants it NOW
- Develop your self-confidence and enhance your professional image
- Increase your visibility within your company as a "take-charge" person
What You Will Cover ...
Build A Powerful Partnership With Your Boss
Organize Yourself, Your Boss And Your Department
- How to keep communication lines open and free-flowing with the busiest of bosses
- How to professionally handle sensitive information and delicate situations
- How to tweak your working style to match up perfectly with your boss
- Build an "instant rapport" with everyone up and down the corporate ladder
- An unbeatable strategy for anticipating your boss's needs and looking like a "take-charge" person
- When a crisis hits: The best way you can help your boss deal with the unexpected
- The secret to working well with multiple bosses and keep them all happy
- How to juggle your priorities when multiple bosses all need something NOW!
- How to create a boss/assistant relationship that fires on all cylinders
Juggling Multiple Projects Without Skipping A Beat
- How to customize a daily planning strategy that will stretch extra minutes out of every hour
- Identify and subtly eliminate your boss's biggest time-wasters
- How to delegate like a pro – without coming off pushy
- How to say "No" with conviction and authority and keep your sanity
- Staying on top of the paper blizzard by using proven effective records-management strategies
- Avoid bad procrastination habits that crush your productivity
Making Decisions And Solving Problems On The Fly
- The secrets to bringing projects in on time and on budget
- Learn the "roadmap of success" that works for any project of any size
- Communication skills you must sharpen to get your projects finished
- Troubleshooting project problems with ease
- How to put together a project team that you can work with
- How to sidestep the #1 pitfall of project management
Buffing Your Professional Image To Make It Sparkle
- Learn the basic problem-solving models that will help you in any circumstance
- How to effectively make important decisions when you're boss isn't around
- How to generate creative solutions to problems that are keeping your department stuck in neutral
- Communication skills that will get you all the necessary information to make informed decisions
- How to know when to stick your neck out without getting it chopped off
- Coaching and counseling skills you can use to help co-workers reach their full potential
- How to earn your boss's confidence and take on the key roles you have earned
- Proven speaking and presentation skills that project confidence – even when your knees are knocking
- Simple proofreading and editing shortcuts that make your correspondence shine
- A professional writer's tips for crafting the perfect business letter
- The dos and don'ts of writing reports and other high-visibility documents
- How to project the image that you're always in control without coming off as a tyrant
- Office politics: How to rise above the muck and come out a winner
- How to let your boss know you're ready for more responsibility
- Shutting out stress and keeping burnout from claiming you as another victim
Who Should Attend ...
An exciting new seminar for assistants and admins who want to take their considerable leadership, team-building, problem-solving and project management skills to a higher level than they are now. Become a greater asset to your boss and gain the recognition you deserve for all you do with the proven effective strategies you'll learn in this powerful one-day seminar.
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'