a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
How To Be A Better Trainer
A One-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: KTR
You know better than anyone that it
takes a lot of time and effort to create programs that help people perform
at peak levels. Here you'll learn dozens of shortcuts and proven techniques
to get better results with each program you develop.
From reliable ice-breakers that make audiences comfortable to the use
of slides, overheads and other visual aids to drive your point home, this
one-day seminar addresses all the challenges that keep you from being
You Will Benefit ...
- Gain the latest training methods and retention techniques
- Demonstrate measurable results to upper management
- Accelerate the development process
- More effectively deliver dry or technical material
You Will Cover ...
- How to create a comprehensive training strategy - and
how it will make you shine
- The "grease monkey" method for accurately measuring
a program's impact
- When the CEO wants a problem fixed immediately ...
how to develop a powerful training program FAST
- The #1 reason why training fails … and how you can
- Why content sequencing is so crucial … and how you
can piece together a blockbuster program
- Designing course materials that are effective and easy
to use during - and after - the presentation
- 3 time-tested techniques that guarantee employees will
use their new skills on the job
- PCs: When they should - and should not - be part of
your training session
- 1 curious thing that can spell the difference between
training success and failure (it may surprise you)
- Reliable ice-breakers that'll make any audience comfortable
and ready to learn
- When you're training bigwigs … how to stay cool, calm
and in control of the session
- When it just isn't sinking in … how to use role-playing
and case studies to help trainees catch on
- 3 proven techniques for adding life to even the dullest
- Understanding the power of video training ... and when
you should use it
- The pros and cons of packaged programs ... and where
to find the best courses
- How to handle hecklers, zombies and other difficult
- 3 times when you'd be wise to hire an independent contractor
… and where to find qualified candidates
- Technical training: How to research it, boil it down,
and deliver it effectively
- The unique characteristics of management training …
and how to wisely judge a program's content
- A 12-part self-audit for better understanding your
personal training style
- Finally! A step-by-step way to design and implement
better training programs
- The growing popularity of team-training - is it right
for your company?
- The dos and don'ts of self-paced learning
- How to establish - and maintain - the credibility you
need as a trainer
- Bolstering your "marketing muscle" among employees
and managers so your programs are always well-attended
- 4 common causes of training lawsuits … and how you
can steer clear of the courtroom
- A disastrous mistake many presenters unknowingly make
... and how you can avoid it
- Tips from the pros on overcoming nervousness and anxiety
- TEGO: What it is and how you can overcome this frustrating
- The "walkie-talkie" method for leading attendees through
complicated - even boring - topics
- 6 dynamite ways to end your training session on a high
- "New Age" training: 4 steps to gaining a clearer perspective
on this controversial subject
- When you really need to drive your point home … how
slides, overheads and other visual aids will score a direct hit
- A 9-point checklist that'll help you make every T&D
program a smashing success
Should Attend ...
Training managers and assistants, personnel directors,
HRD professionals, course developers, and those who want to improve their
development and presentation skills.
** Register Online **
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention above meeting number and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".