a division of Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
The Complete Course On Facilities Management
A Two-Day Seminar
Meeting Code: KFA2
This training program is designed
to give you no-nonsense facility management techniques, strategies and
methods that you can use immediately.
That means you won't be listening to any boring lectures
full of meaningless fluff or textbook theories. Rather, you'll participate
in thought-provoking exercises and discussions built to give you the hard
hitting skills, real-world insight and valuable know-how you need to handle
your job with confidence.
You'll take part in: a job bid tutorial, a facility hazard
analysis, a forum on getting more work done every busy day and more. Plus,
you'll also have an opportunity to discuss problems, share your own hard-won
solutions and establish valuable contacts with your peers.
You Will Benefit
- Be more efficient with time-saving work methods
- Save money as you lower utility costs, negotiate better
contracts, prevent theft and reduce waste
- Keep users safe with accident-preventing strategies
and better security
- Build strong relationships with your vendors and users
You Will Cover ...
Master the Essentials of Facility Management
- How to stretch your maintenance dollar
- 2 ways to drop your lighting expenses by up to 50 percent
- What you can do to prevent workplace theft
- Examine the 4 rings of security to determine your property's
greatest security risks
- A quick review of grounds-maintenance tips to keep
your property looking great year round
Create a More User-Friendly Environment
- 10 areas you will be responsible for in case of an
- The #1 way to cut utility costs
- How and when to use outsourcing to slash your costs
- How to eliminate 2 "invisible" productivity-cutters
that drive users crazy
- Is your building the cause of countless employee sick
days? Find out
Confidently Meet Changing Legal Requirements
- 4 OSHA standards every facility manager should be completely
up to date on
- Are you in total compliance with the Americans With
Disabilities Act? The answer may surprise you
- The most overlooked procedure by facility managers
- and how to use it to your advantage
- How to make sure you're 100 percent compliant with
the Bloodborne Pathogen standard
Handle Users and Contractors Like a Pro
- Where to draw the line between asset and facility management
- How to write crystal-clear bid specifications that
tell contractors exactly what you want
- How you can promote a positive relationship with your
users - and get them to respect your facility
- The secret to negotiating a favorable contract
- How to make sure you're getting your money's worth
from a bid that sounds "too good to be true"
Should Attend ...
Facility managers, building owners
and anyone interested in building management
Bring a seminar to your site! For information about bringing a course to your site please call 919-480-2550 or email the registry at
If this course or the dates/locations below do not have what you are looking for, then click here and we will find it for you right away. It will save you a lot of time and energy finding it yourself.
** Register Online**
Select date/location from list box below (Use side arrow to scroll). Complete form and click on 'Send'
You will receive e-mail confirmation soon. If you are not paying via credit card, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions.
If you cannot attend a workshop for which you are registered, you may send a substitute or receive a credit memo toward a future workshop. If you cancel your registration up to five business days before the workshop, your registration fee will be refunded less a $10 enrollment charge.
You can also register by emailing your registration information to us at
or calling us at 919-480-2550.
Please mention the meeting number specified above and BE SURE TO STATE VIP CODE "919-120001-000 -- Training Registry".